It's Never Too Early...
Friday, 2 August
...to start planning your Fall/Winter wardrobe when it's still 31 degrees outside.
Thing's to start investing in for the new season:
1. The perfect oversized man coat. If you haven't already seen the September issue of Vogue UK with Miranda Kerr in the best selection of such attire out there, then get to your news agent ASAP and find out what i'm talking about. I'm not kidding, you will want every piece including these very basic old school are-they-really-back-in-fashion Birkenstocks that complete the outfits to a tea.
2. Get some Birkenstocks. If the inspiration from Phoebe Philo wasn't enough last season you will find these are most certainly making a comeback (for real) for FW13.
3. Berlingot's! The latest from Céline's eponymous bag collection. Much larger in size than you think; on the runway they acted as the perfect alternative to the normal leather under-arm clutch. The checkered version is set to be the print you will need across your wardrobe for the coming season.
4. Fine Jewellery; the delicate likes of Matchsticks and Monica Vinader are replacing the chunky neon statement pieces we have seen up until now; mix your silver, gold and rose gold in a selection of dainty jewellery. The Monica Vinader ring is 18ct Rose-gold plated with diamonds and is super affordable.
5. The perfect crew-neck cashmere sweater; I am always on the hunt to build my collection of these. This navy one from Whistles is exactly the type of layering piece you will need for a truly reasonable price; it will also be coming in Grey and Black late September too.
Another great brand includes Equipment's Sloane Cashmere Sweater that comes in a multitude of colours, as well as THE OUTNET's own label Iris and Ink who similarly stock a variety of colours and at an extremely affordable price. Finally, J. Crew is always on my list to search for any type of cashmere sweater; if you're not a crew-neck fan these V-neck Boyfriend Cashmere Sweaters are incredibly soft and definitely worth the price tag.
6. The ripped jeans; season after season the distressed-denim trend has only grown, and now proves to be a wardrobe staple. These Zara distressed jeans are the best on the high street, although i still swear by my J Brand 811's (Colour; Salem Destructed), and Rag & Bone do a great selection of distressed skinny jeans too. If you're in London, check out Selfridges Denim Room and you really won't be short of choices.
7. Round-frames; swap your square-frames for round! A great selection at Asos, these are the Butterfly style from Céline.
8. Little white shorts; If one could wear shorts with the Margiela coat and cashmere jumper, that would be street-style perfection. I'm always baffled yet in awe of the array of street-style shots during Fashion Week that involve probably the most anti-weather outfits out there. Where are these women that they can wear such outfits without chancing a good dose of pneumonia, or simply over-heating? However they manage it, it means they are open to far cooler outfit choices like the shorts and coat combo.